At Northwood Obstetrics & Gynecology, we offer a full range of gynecologic surgeries including:
- Laparoscopic Surgery - Laparoscopic surgery is used to remove ovarian cysts, treat endometriosis, remove pelvic adhesions and evaluate and treat other causes of pelvic pain.
- Robotic hysterectomies - Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of a woman's uterus. This surgery can be done through small incisions using a thin, lighted scope with a camera on the end (a laparoscope). This is called a laparoscopic hysterectomy. In robotic-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy, the surgeon uses a computer to control the surgical instruments.
- D&C - A D&C, also known as dilation and curettage, is a surgical procedure often performed after a first-trimester miscarriage. In a D&C, dilation refers to opening the cervix; curettage refers to removing the contents of the uterus. A D&C does not necessarily need to be performed after every miscarriage. Your doctor will let you know if a D&C is recommended or not.
- Hysteroscopy - A hysteroscopy is used to diagnose or treat problems of the uterus. A hysteroscope is a thin, lighted telescope-like device. It is inserted through your vagina into your uterus. The hysteroscope transmits the image of your uterus onto a screen. Other instruments are used along with the hysteroscope for treatment.
- Myomectomy - A myomectomy is the removal of benign fibroid tumors from the uterus through incisions in the lower abdomen. Patients can have a single or numerous fibroid tumors. A myomectomy is a treatment that saves the uterus and a woman's fertility.
- Ovarian Cystectomy - An ovarian cystectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that uses laparoscopy to remove an ovarian cyst while still preserving the ovary so women can remain fertile.
- Uterine Ablation - Endometrial (or uterine) ablation is a procedure that surgically destroys (ablates) the lining of your uterus (endometrium). The goal of endometrial ablation is to reduce menstrual flow. In some women, menstrual flow may stop completely.
- Tubal Ligation - A tubal ligation — also known as having your tubes tied or tubal sterilization — is a type of permanent birth control. During a tubal ligation, the fallopian tubes are cut or blocked to permanently prevent pregnancy.